Electric Motor Systems Technician
- Disassemble electromechanical equipment including, but not limited to, AC and DC electric motors, gearboxes, and pumps, noting the configuration and condition of removed parts.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including no-load test panel, dynamic balance machine, core loss tester, static winding analyzer, blasting equipment, burn and bake out ovens, VPI system, and various other handheld testing equipment and tooling. (Necessary training will be provided as required.)
- Accurately measure and record mechanical dimensions using precision equipment, such as micrometers, Verniers, and TIR clocks to assess tolerance conformity.
- Clean, paint, and prepare electromechanical equipment, machined surfaces, and parts for reassembly.
- Dynamically balance rotors and armatures to comply with industry standards.
- Perform various electrical testing to troubleshoot and/or diagnose potential problems.
- Identify defective parts, noting all structural damage, deformity, and/or unusual conditions.
- Produce high-quality and consistent workmanship on all work performed in both a workshop and field environment.
- Adhere to industry procedures, standards, and product specifications.
- Produce detailed reports and document any as-found faults and required repairs.
- Ensure that all EASA and industry standards and processes are complied with on every task undertaken.
- Keep work area clean, organized, and tidy.
- Knowledge of both AC and DC motors is essential
- Previous demonstrable experience working with all types of mechanical/electrical rotating equipment, including electric motors, pumps and gear boxes
- Previous field service knowledge and experience is desirable
Skills and Qualities
- Be dependable, flexible, and trustworthy
- Be motivated and proactive
- Demonstrate a good level of verbal and written communication skills and mathematic understanding
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work self-directed, under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Strong team member and also able to work alone efficiently
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Competent in rigging and lifting techniques
Please submit your resume/CV to: [email protected]